Our experience with active transport planning extends to Pedestrian Access and Mobility Studies (PAMPs), Bike Plans, pedestrian and cycle-way auditing, planning and design, master planning studies, and other transport-related projects. From developing walking and cycling strategies as part of integrated transport plans to PAMPs and safety audits and priority signal optimisation studies, we have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the planning, design and implementation and integration active transport into the transport network. Importantly, our expertise in integrated transport planning and in very detailed traffic engineering means that the planning and design of pedestrian facilities and cycle-ways is achieved with an appreciation of the strategic context and the specific needs of modal integration within the streetscape.
Selected projects include:
- Helensvale to Southport Priority Cycle Route: Route option assessment and concept design for the priority cycle route between Helensvale rail station and Southport CBD via the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct.
- Newcastle Active Transport Strategy: Development of a cycleway network for Newcastle integrated with external cycleway network and other transport elements in the city centre
- North Sydney Priority Cycle Route 2: Design review and traffic engineering advice, and detailed design for Clark Road.
- Cessnock PAMP: Developed a pedestrian access and mobility plan to encourage increased local pedestrian activity within the Cessnock Local Government Area.
- Top Ryde PAMP: Developed a number of PAMP's for large and small local centers in the City of Ryde. These will eventually integrate and provide a continuous and comprehensive pedestrian network across the city.
- King Street Cycle-way (Clarence Street to Castlereagh Street): Undertook a traffic assessment and prepared concept designs, detailed designs and construction documentation for the cycle-way.
- Wilson Street and Burren Street Cycle-way: Undertook a traffic assessment and prepared concept designs, detailed designs and construction documentation for the cycle-way.
- Logan 2014 Bicycle Facilities Program : Undertook a detailed study to prioritise the most cost effective way to develop the city's cycle network.
- Pittwater Road PAMP : Undertook a pedestrian access and mobility plan to improve pedestrian safety and accessibility and identify ways to provide pedestrian connections between areas.
- HarbourLink Cycleway Assessment and Design, Sydney: Prepared a feasibility assessment for a future separated cycle-way, including cost estimating and preliminary impacts assessment.
- Blue Mountains PAMP: Developed a pedestrian access and mobility plan to encourage increased local pedestrian activity within key villages within the Blue Mountains LGA.
- Moore Park Road Cycle-way Feasibility Study: Provided traffic engineering advice for the feasibility study of a separated cycle-way to link with the Bourke Street separated cycle-way to Centennial Park.
- Mowbray Road West Bicycle Facility Design: Assessed ways to make cycling safer, easier and more accessible and investigated connectivity and new routes to complement existing routes in Lane Cove with surrounding LGAs.
- Queensland Principal Cycle Network Priority Action Plan : Developed a network infrastructure prioritisation process and applied it to two key regional cities.
- Gladesville Pedestrian Safety Audits: Audits of high pedestrian activity areas in the precinct and developed a suite of cost-effective solutions for implementation.
- Brisbane City Cycle Stations: Audited all of the stations to ensure they were located and orientated to maximise user safety and traffic safety whilst maintaining their visibility needs..
- Paradise Road Pedestrian and Cycle Improvement Plan : Investigated cycle demands and identified an improvement plan to maximise the opportunities provided by the interchange upgrade.
- Sydney CBD Cycleways Traffic Signal Improvement Plan : Investigated the effectiveness of bicycle activated signals on separated cycle-ways and made infrastructure, operational and education-based recommendations.
- Mossman Bicycle Safety Audit : Undertook audits of 10 sites along various cycling routes.
- Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Stadium Pedestrian Link : Planning and concept design for a pedestrian linkage between Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Stadium (Metricon Stadium) and Nerang Rail Station.
Selected case studies can be viewed here.